lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

BUILDING THE STEPPER (...and III)

Ok, it is finished now.
I used a multi-purpose PBC because being a prototype I had to make some changes on the fly. Now that the design is clear to me, if I have  to make another I will use a blank PBC. I also used the Conrad processor, because I didn´t have time to program a PIC in assembler. Again, if I do another stepper in the future, I rather use a PIC.
Anyhow, all is enclosed in a black box, so from outside, nobody would be able to tell...

On the left is the processor with the power supply and a couple of ICs to drive the the transistors and micro-relays that will make the selection. The relays are in the top and right. I will upload an schematic as soon as I draw it, but is very simple: the real engine is the processor.

The box is lying in the bottom of the machine and uses the connectors to the wobble plate (same than the original rock-ola stepper).

Of course it didn`t work the first time right, but after a couple of chanes in the hardware and correcting a few more bugs in software, now is running flawless.  I made some stress tests today: I ran 50 selections without a single flaw.

I will record one video and will upload it next week.


3 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. A ver ese video, porque lo que has hecho es sencillamente genial :)
    Felicidades!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yo tambien tengo ganas de ver ese video.
    Felicidades.

    ResponderEliminar